The Summer Tote by Lazy Girl Designs is shaped like a bowling ball bag, creating a roomy interior without being big! The design is complete withinside and outside pockets, zip top and smart handles that never tire. No batting is needed, the Summer Tote is constructed of two fabrics fused together to create a canvas-like material.
Supplies needed are:
- Cover - 1/2yd feature fabric
- Lining - 1/2yd fabric
- Outside pockets and handles - 2/3yd fabric
- Inside pockets and bag bottom sleeve - 1/2yd fabric
- 2 pieces 20 inch x 16 inch fusible webbing
- 18 inch or longer polyester zip - do not use a metal zip
- Bag-E-Bottoms size D or similar for a sturdy base
- 8-12 inches of 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon and beads/button to make a decorative zipper pull
- Optional - 12 inch strip of cording to stuff the middle part of the handles for comfort
The finished size of the bag is approximately 12" x 11" x 6". Please note that sizes are given for marking out the bag pieces, full size pattern pieces are not included.